Friday, September 30, 2011

PORTHOS -43

PORTHOS: SPICED IN SOYA OIL



APPEARANCE:


NUTRITION:


PRODUCT OF:
Portugal

INGREDIENTS:

PRICE:
2.99

OVERALL:
There is no aroma upon opening, three plump, scale-covered sardines, two lovely peppers, and stems in the tin. However, they have a very pleasant heat; the texture is a little off-putting. A very chewy, rubbery texture. Would not eat again. No sardines







PORTHOS: IN HOT VEGETABLE OIL




APPEARANCE:


NUTRITION:


PRODUCT OF:
Portugal

INGREDIENTS:
Sardines, Vegetable Oil, Chili Pepper, Salt

PRICE:
2.99

OVERALL:
Oil and chili aroma upon opening. Four, scaled fish to the tin. Scales not noticeable, a mild-tasting fish with a very subtle heat presence. one chili to the tin. Not a spiny fish, no strong taste or after. A neutral after-taste would be good with extras. I would eat again. 4 Sardines








5 comments:

  1. Just tried Porthos in tomato. The insinkerater disposal seemed to get em down better than me. Goodbye three bucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just picked up a tin in tomato...

      Delete
    2. I hope you like em more than I did. I should have said"Just tried Porthos in tomato. The insinkerater disposal seemed to get em down better than me.Oh well three bucks down the drain."

      Delete
  2. I received three cans of Porthos sardines as a stocking stuffer.The taste of the three different sauces/olive oil based cans was fabulous.Now I am trying to find some more on the different websites and they are all out of stock !!Does this not tell you that their product is A1 good ??

    ReplyDelete