Saturday, May 28, 2011

Polar-9

POLAR:LIGHTLY SMOKED IN OIL



APPEARANCE:



NUTRITION:
nutrition
calories 150
calories from fat 100
total fat 11g
Saturated fat 5g
cholesterol 36mg
sodium 340mg
total carb. 1.5g
protein 10g
calcium 15%
iron 3%


PRODUCT OF:CHINA

INGREDIENTS:
Sardines, Soybeanoil,Salt,Smoked flavor


PRICE:$1.00


OVER ALL:
Three to a can . No strong aroma upon opening. looks pretty decent. lots of oil, hint of smoke flavor, has a unpleasant after taste I just can't place my finger on.
Would not eat again
1/2 sardine and thats really to much






POLAR:IN TOMATO SAUCE




APPEARANCE:



NUTRITION:
calories 100
calories from fat 40
total fat 5g
sat. fat 1.5g
cholesterol 48mg
sodium 390mg
total carb 1.5g
sugars 1.5g
protein 13g




PRODUCT OF:CHINA

INGREDIENTS:
Sardines,tomato paste, soybean oil, sugar, salt, spices, monosodium glutamate. contains soy

PRICE:$1.00

OVER ALL:
Four to a can. All I can say, these are ass in a tin.
They get no sardine.



POLAR:IN MUSTARD




APPEARANCE:






NUTRITION:
CALORIES 120
CALORIES FROM FAT 55
TOTAL FAT 6g
SAT. FAT 3g
CHOLEST. 48mg
SODIUM 390mg
total carb 1.5g
sugars 1.5g
protein 13g


PRODUCT OF:CHINA


INGREDIENTS:
Sardines, water,mustard powder,modified starch,distilled vinegar,soybean oil,xanthan gum,sugar,salt,spices,monosodium glutamate. soy


PRICE:$1.OO


OVER ALL:
Four to a can, looks like puke in a tin. Smells like it looks. Firm fish. Skip the ass on a cracker, and go straight to shit on one. This get the first negative sardine I've given out.

6 comments:

  1. Those are nasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I actually like the Polar tomato ones, what is wrong with me!! I hope your blog will help me raise my standards! I LOVE this blog, btw. I've been showing it to a bunch of people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing at all. Good to hear someone enjoys them. To sour for me.

      Delete
    2. ...and then I found Anisakis worms in my latest can.
      I, uhm, might retract my previous statement... :s

      Have you ever found any in your cans?
      Apparently its both somewhat common and potentially harmful.
      -hv

      Delete
    3. I have not, I would like to see some to post pics of them on here. The last two years, I've really been hearing more about them. From what I read, if they are cooked or frozen then they are safe to eat. No raw sardines. I remember reading almost two years ago, these worms caused a ripple in the Jewish community;rather sardines was kosher. they did a DNA test on them, they are kosher.

      Delete
    4. I promptly disposed of them, they looked like curled up little white things, curled like little springs. Uncoiled they were about an inch long.
      I heard even if they are dead there is something in them that can cause the body to react as if allergic and can just be generally unpleasant. I now open all my fish before eating them.
      -hv

      Delete