Friday, June 17, 2011

SABA - 19

SABA: IN PEPPERY SAUCE
APPEARANCE:
NUTRITION:
Calories- 250 
Calories from fat- 50 
Total fat- 6g 
Sat. Fat- 6g 
Sodium- 510mg 
Carbohydrates- 35g 
Sugars- 5g 
Protein-16g  

PRODUCT OF: 
Philippines 

  INGREDIENTS:
Sardines, Tomato sauce, Bell Pepper, Carrots, Potatoes, Peas & Spices

  PRICE: .98

  OVERALL: 
 The aroma is quite pleasant; it reminds me of stew. # large meaty pieces of fish. Half a hand full of veggies. I'm impressed this much stuff was in that little can. The first bite really threw me off. my taste buds were confused as hell. Semi-soft fish, the peppery sauce is very prominent, lingering fishy after taste. The can suggest serving them heated. So I heated them up next. After heating, the aroma became lots more prominent. Heating would be the way to go with these. It made them a lot more tolerable. Fishy after taste remained dominant. Fish is on the dry side. I'll give these guys 1/2 a sardine, and that just may be the beer talking. Would not eat again.


SABA: IN VEGETABLE STEW SAUCE




APPEARANCE:




NUTRITION: 
Calories- 240
 Calories from fat- 50 
Total fat- 6.5g
 Saturated Fat- 6.5g
 Sodium- 370mg 
Carbohydrate- 33g 
Sugars- 2g
 Protein- 15g 

  PRODUCT OF:
Philippines

  INGREDIENTS:
Sardines, Tomato sauce, Bell Peppers, Carrots, Potatoes, Peas, & Spices

  PRICE: .98 

  OVERALL:
Even though onions were not in the ingredients, it was full of onions, fish dry, and crumbly. The sauce is on the mild side; I warmed them up after eating some from the can. Not too bad of a tasting fish. Slight fishy after taste. I may eat again. Hell, I'll give these guys one sardine. These guys are a two beer minimum per can.

No comments:

Post a Comment