Thursday, August 30, 2012

LA PREFERIDA- 71

LA PREFERIDA: IN TOMATO SAUCE



APPEARANCE:

NUTRITION:
Calories- 72
Cholesterol- 33mg
Sodium- 478mg
Carbs- 3g
Sugars- 3g
Protein- 6g

PRODUCT OF:
Mexico

INGREDIENTS:
Sardines, Tomato sauce, Spices, salt

PRICE:
1.98

OVERALL:
This is my last large can of sardines in tomato sauce I will be rating, mostly due to the fact they all seem to taste like nothing of worthy mentions. *Saying that to myself, I slice my thumb while opening this can, I must have pissed off some Sardina god of some type.*  A very strong tomato aroma upon opening, the aroma reminds me of Pork -N-Beans, * Now I'm stuck with the song from the '80s by Junkyard Band "Sardines & Pork & Beans" in my head* A tart almost flavorless tasting fish. 9 large pieces of fish to the can. Very spiny, the fish crumbles while removing from the can: would not eat again. No Sardines.

1 comment:

  1. You nailed the flavor and aroma. I've tried these recently and figure that someplace somebody likes this flavor profile and it's price point. Maybe a can of these could be used to enhance the flavor of a sauce? I will never have these again.

    ReplyDelete