Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly 2012


THE QUEEN OF THE COAST




























































GAMMA-A






RIGA GOLD








PERDIZ





COFISA



Tricana








HADDON HOUSE









CHICKEN OF THE SEA





WILD PLANET











TRATA










BELA








TRADER JOE'S







JOHN WEST












Tub of fish. Some of the tins for the upcoming year




Happy New year every one. I'm starting The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly Page off with a pic of a dish of dried sardines. I know these guys are not in a tin, but I couldn't let a sardine tradition slip by. I made these guys up for the New Year's feast. The Japanese eat several types of fish for New Year's. I'm only focusing on the Dried Sardine aspect. I picked up a bag of Niboshi, sauteed them with some soy sauce, butter, and other spices, and laid them on a bed of rice with some Duck sauce. Very good stuff. The fish were used historically to fertilize rice fields. The symbolism is of an abundant harvest. Here's wishing every one an abundant harvest in the upcoming year, what ever you may sow. Now let's pop open some tins.

No comments:

Post a Comment